Preventive Bed bugs PACK
Contains 2 treatments: a Shield and an Anti-Bite
• Preventive pack against bed bugs
• Repels bed bugs on textiles, luggage and skin
• Durable, safe and long-lasting protection
• Over 50,000 satisfied Sereni-d® customers
CONCENTRATED FORMULAS – MAXIMUM RESULT
The Preventive textile SHIELD andANTI-BITE Body Repellent ANTI-BED BUGS are ready-to-use sprays based on principles inspired by nature and specially developed to repel bed bugs in a preventive context.
Their plant-based pyrethrum flower extract and geraniol, combined with a mixture of essential oils selected for their repellent properties, ensure long-lasting preventive effectiveness (up to 7 days in optimal conditions of use). SHIELD and ANTI-BITE sprays protect your belongings and your skin.
The Preventive Anti-Bed Bug PACK offers protection against bed bugs and is your best solution on public transport, in cinemas, when travelling or when in doubt about a nearby problem or infestation.
Sereni-d® satisfaction guarantee: If you are not satisfied with your purchase, contact us using the contact page and we will refund the full amount.
Synergy of essential oils, pyrethrum flower and geraniol selected for their preventive properties against bed bugs
Ideal for travellers, hikers and anyone using or frequenting public transport or areas with a high footfall
The first botanical sprays on the market to target only bed bugs, guaranteeing maximum effectiveness
Immediate and long-term effect (up to 7 days protected from light)
At Sereni-d® there is still NO synthetic permethrin, NO DEET, NO flammable propellants and NO endocrine disruptors!
Formulas based on the latest studies and research results, certified to European standards and regulations and registered with the French Ministry of the Environment.
🇨🇭 Laboratory SWITZERLAND
- Shake bottles before use.
- Spray SHIELD on clothing, luggage (paying particular attention to the zips and seams), handbags, shoes, bedding, surfaces, preferably away from light at a distance of 10/15cm. Repeat the treatment every 3 days, or every day in infested areas, or whenever you change accommodation.
- Spray ANTI-BITE in the palm of your hand and apply the bed bug repellent evenly to the areas of the body exposed to bed bug bites. Repeat the treatment before each bedtime.
- Follow good “mechanical” anti-bed bug practices (high-temperature washing or freezing of your textiles, regular vacuuming and cleaning, careful checking of your belongings on returning from a trip).
Use biocides with care. Read the label and information on the product before use.
SHIELD: TP18 biocide: Chrysanthemum cinerariaefolium produced from Tanacetum cinerariifolium flowers (CAS no.: 89997-63-7) 0.125%. Declaration 71323.
ANTI-BITE: TP19 biocide: Geraniol (CAS no.: 106-24-01) 0.095%. Declaration 78417.
Bed bug bites trigger a skin reaction within three days, with rashes and itching.
Everyone reacts differently, and some people may not develop spots at all.
Bed bugs suck blood and can theoretically transmit blood-borne diseases (hepatitis, HIV, etc.). However, no study on the subject has been able to prove this. Consequently, the risk of disease transmission from a bed bug bite is considered extremely low.
However, once a bed bug has crossed the threshold of our door, an infestation can easily occur, and will generally not be visible until several months later (the time needed for the first bed bug to lay its eggs, for the eggs to hatch and then move onto the larva and adult stage, and for the adults to go on and lay their own eggs…).
That’s why it’s essential to take every possible precaution to avoid bringing bed bugs into your home, and to take matters into your own hands at the first sign of infestation, or between two rentals.
The fight against bed bugs is laborious and often leads to psychological distress for the infested people.
It’s much easier to get rid of them if the infestation is caught early. It’s even better to protect yourself from bed bugs, so you don’t bring them home and start an infestation.
The French Ministry of Solidarity and Health advises you to consult a pest control specialist if the treatment fails. The aim of a treatment is to eliminate all bed bugs and their eggs so that the population cannot survive. It’s important to understand that if just one adult bed bug, larva or egg remains, the proliferation can start all over again.
That’s why it often takes several weeks of repeated measurements to overcome the problem.
You’ll then need to check your home regularly to prevent further infestation.
SERENI-D products combined with mechanical methods will be your best option for preventing these pests from returning to your home, and in treating your home or rented rooms in the event of infestation.
Combined with Sereni-d® sprays, mechanical control measures must be put in place to kill bed bugs and their eggs, and ensure long-lasting effectiveness:
- Wash and dry infested textiles at 60°C minimum to kill bed bugs at every stage of their development, especially eggs and larvae, which are barely visible to the naked eye;
- Non-washable infested textiles and objects should be packed in airtight bags and frozen for at least 2 days;
- Regularly vacuum all nooks, crannies and potential hiding places… The vacuum container should be emptied into a tightly sealed plastic bag;
- Cleaning with a brush to remove eggs;
- Removing clutter and stacked objects;
- If possible, steam the bedding and potential bed bug hiding places to destroy eggs;
- Removal of sofas in case of heavy infestation.
Find out more about mechanical control tips, here.
Bed bugs can be found in all dark places in the home, such as furniture, mattresses, bed bases, suitcases, bags, textiles, picture frames, cracks, skirting boards, light switches, sockets, etc.
Yes, it’s a real pain!
Bed bugs like to live close to human sleeping areas, as they feed on blood after dark. But once they’ve laid their eggs in one place and founded a colony, they’ll then go and lay eggs elsewhere to found other colonies… That’s their development principle! This means that many bedrooms can be infested, as well as places where people stay for several hours, such as sofas.
Correct diagnosis generally requires intensive research and, if necessary, the advice of a pest control specialist. That said, there are the following clear signs and indicators:
- Wandering bed bugs that move freely on the bed or wall. Unfortunately, this usually only happens when the infestation is already significant and some bed bugs dare to venture out in broad daylight in search of a meal. As bed bugs prefer to move around at night, you can also turn on the lights in the middle of the night to detect their presence and an infestation as early as possible…;
- Bed bugs or their signs (black stains of excrement residue, brownish shells (shed skin), milky white eggs) in the typical hiding places such as bed bases, mattress seams, skirting boards, behind picture frames, light switches, wallpaper, etc.;
- Tiny bloodstains on clothing/bedding left by bed bugs after biting;
- Grouped or aligned spots.
The SHIELD preventive Anti-Bed Bug textile spray is to be used when travelling in places with a high turnover of people, such as hotels, country cottages, B&Bs, hiking and trekking refuges, youth hostels, but also public transport (plane, train, etc.), health establishments, libraries, etc.
Spray on personal belongings such as luggage and textiles to prevent bed bugs. This will ensure that no bed bugs get into your belongings and lay eggs. The spray can also be used on entry points to the home (window frames, door sills, air vents) if a neighbour is infested.
The SERENI-D SOS Anti-Bed Bugs spray is for use in the event of a bed bug infestation, or at the slightest suspicion of the presence of bed bugs for private individuals and professionals. When used on bedding and hiding places, the spray destroys bed bugs in all their stages of development (egg, larva, adult) immediately (within 30 minutes of direct contact or after a bed bug has passed over the treated area) by acting on their nervous systems and exoskeletons. Treatment combined with mechanical measures should be repeated within the week, then every 2 to 4 weeks once the problem has gone away.
You are a professional (hotels, youth hostels, rental cottages, mountain refuges, B&Bs, etc.) or private individual, and regularly rent out a room or accommodation via Airbnb or other means. So you’re very likely to be affected by bed bugs at some point in the life of your home.
As a preventive measure between two rentals and to avoid any infestation, you can treat your home to destroy any eggs and larvae that may have been deposited.
Use SERENI-D SOS Anti-Bed Bugs on bedding and dark corners around beds and sofas.
The amount of spray required depends on the size of your home.
The 100ml format is suitable for treating objects and small surfaces. The XXL 500ml format is suitable for treating entire rooms or flats.
- Vacuum under the bed and behind the headboard regularly;
- Eliminate clutter;
- Seal the cracks in your home;
- Check second-hand bedding and objects before bringing them into your home;
- Inspect your home regularly (bedding, electrical sockets, etc.);
- If you are disposing of an infested object, take it to the waste recycling centre.
ANSES, the French Agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health Safety, recommends non-chemical, i.e. mechanical (freezing and steaming), methods for getting rid of pests.
ANSES points out that the use of biocides can cause poisoning, pollute the environment and make bed bugs resistant. Indeed, any active substance, whether used in a biocide (repellent or insecticide) or a drug, eventually develops resistance with insects or bacteria. This is why the regulations are so strict, and why ECHA, the European Chemicals Agency, monitors all products placed on the market, and gradually approves new active substances.
For the development of its products, Sereni-d® has selected the most plant-based active ingredients on the market, i.e. Pyrethrum Flower and Geraniol. However, like all biocidal products, they must be used with care, and it is essential to read the label and instructions carefully before use.